I am looking for a person (or two, or three) who loves media relations. A Media Hound. A Guru. A person who follows reporters’ careers; who understand the relative power of the dying print newspaper versus the up and coming blog; who know that a well-placed story can make all the difference for a startup seeking funding or a global brand seeking status. I need a person (or two, or three) who likes to craft the perfect pitch, find the perfect target, and let the arrow fly.
If you have 3 – 5 years of media relations experience, value the power of business to change the world, have a good sense of humor, and enjoy a flexible schedule, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking for more specifics, here you go:
Siren’s media relations guru will work with clients across many sectors including CPG, hospitality, agriculture, cleantech and financial services. All our work is geared around sustainability, CSR and social impact, so understanding the associated issues is a huge advantage. My guru will have freedom to be creative, incentive to be successful, and enough love to make the world go ‘round.
Here are the everyday responsibilities:
- Getting to know clients as people and helping them meet their goals
- Pitching media with passion, enthusiasm and precision
- Reading the news, knowing what’s going on, staying curious, being in touch with the world
- Thinking ahead and staying organized
- Planning fun events, being part of the conversation
- Writing ideas, crafting thoughts onto paper
- Being passionate about how business can change the world for the better
- Above all else, loving media relations so much it hurts